Sunday, June 21, 2015

Transfer to the Eastern Front...

Me and Sister Olsen
Aaaaaaaaaand off we go again. Transfer calls rolled right around again. I'm headed to 동해! It was really unexpected. I thought that after my first trainer left I'd get a little more stability! But that's exactly the opposite of how missions work. I'm going to a place that's about as far east as our mission gets. It's right on the beach, and it's four hours away from the mission home.


When the AP said I was transferring, I actually started crying. I really love 중랑 and I love Sister Olson. Right before transfer calls we talked about how we still have so much to do together and how neither of us would be leaving. That night was kind of hard. I don't want to leave! But I know in 동해 there are some amazing opportunities just waiting. 

My transfer goal is to read the whole Book of Mormon in one transfer. Today I read 1 Nephi 3. Nephi and his family have headed out into the wilderness, leaving behind home, possession, and friends. It must have been a hard choice. Then Nephi and his brothers are told they have to go back. Nephi seems to struggle a little bit with this commandment. It was hard enough to leave home in the first place, and to even leave the unfamiliar wilderness they've struggled through must have been heartbreaking, thinking of all the steps it took to get there. Nephi's father tells him this:


Basically I read this and decided to stop being so sad about transfers.

I have things to do in 동해!

Anyways, transfer drama aside… 

Our stats from our 100 hour week were crazy! We had a conference and President told us all about it. As a companionship our stats were 5 times higher than usual, which is crazy. Usually missionwide the stats are about 13000 people contacted a week. During the 100 hour week, it was almost 30000! Super cool.

I also finished LPP, which is the Language Study Program type thing our mission has. I get ice cream from our zone leader because I beat Elder Megargle doing it, and I also got a bracelet I'm never gonna wear (but it sure does feel nice having it). 

This week we again saw a ton of miracles. One of my favorites was the hardest day of the week. It was blazing hot. We had had 3 appointments and they had all cancelled! We went to visit a member who was always home...and she wasn't home. Nothing seemed to be going our way. But we had a lot of fun just walking around.

At the end of the night we were walking down this street. Sister Olson said 'I think we should turn this way', so we did....and nothing happened. That's okay, that happens a lot in missionary work. It was time to go home so we turned around and walked right back down the same street. Then all of a sudden we heard someone shouting our names. We turned around and there was this woman running after us. We had met her before, but she had been in a huge hurry to get to work so we had just given her our cards. But she had looked us up and everything! She invited us into her restaurant and gave us literally the most delicious mango smoothies I have ever tried. It was super cool.

We have a couple new investigators and everyone is progressing pretty well. I'm really going to miss them, especially 재지은. She was the coolest. Hopefully we can stay in touch.

Looking forward to my last PDay in Chungnang! 

Thanks for the love and prayers everyone :)

xoxo,
Sister Bell

PS Here are a few tips:
1. Space bags. Space bags space bags space bags. They will save your life.
2. Come with a gift for your trainer :)
3. Know the section in PMG about inspired questions pretty well. It's really helpful.
4. Bring facemask stuff! It's so great to have at the end of the day. 
5. HAVE GOOD FAMILY PICTURES.

This is actually a Buddhist symbol but I thought it was a Nazi sign for a while


My FAVORITE Korean food! Bap burgers (two clumps of rice with spicy chicken and cheese in between) and Yogerpresso! It's this strawberry cheesecake thing with real cheesecake.


Market time :)


View from the bishop's home

No comments:

Post a Comment