Sunday, July 12, 2015

Seven random observations...
























(Post date: 12 July 2015)

It's been another crazy week! Donghae is literally paradise. Our branch is amazing. I LOVE my companion!

So I'm sorry all my stories are so weird...next time it will be really spiritual I promise! But so many weird things happened this week! 

1. Last week I forgot to include this: so we met this old homeless lady at a bus stop. She's SO old and SO cute...she offered us this weird drink and we couldn't just say no. She kept telling us it wasn't alcohol. It wasn't...but we're not sure what it was. Sister Murdock pretended to drink it but then the lady wanted her paper cups back, so we had to drink it all. I actually drank it. Sister Murdock threw it up in a sewer. 

2.Our power went out momentarily. When the ceiling light flickered back on there was a pause, then Sister Murdock started reciting the first vision. When the light rested upon me...I still laugh about it.

3. Members here -- I love them unconditionally --  are so interesting. 

4. Yesterday (Sunday) the gospel doctrine teacher was speaking rapid fire Korean. She shot a question at an elder. He thought she said "What's the first thing that pops into your head?" He panicked and said monkey in Korean. She actually asked "What's the most important thing in your life?" The members were all really confused. It was amazing.

5. The members commented on how much I ate. When I finished they asked why I wasn't eating very much. 

6.Our zone commitment this week is to give the baptismal commitment at least once a day. It's yielded some incredible miracles. After zone conference, we 전도'ed like mad but everyone was too busy to talk. It was raining, we had no umbrellas, we were drenched and cold. But there's something about enduring rain with a smile that makes the miracles pour like the sky. We had ten minutes left before daily planning and still had not found anyone to extend the commitment to. So we said a prayer in the middle of the downtown. Then, without saying a word, we both started walking the same direction, towards an out of the way bus stop. We found a woman there - the first thing she rather angrily said was "I attend church" but we were able to have an amazing conversation about baptism. It was a total miracle!
The second miracle was that we found four new investigators! They're four middle school students. We taught them the whole first lesson...they paid really good attention! 

7. I got to go on an exchange with my favorite missionary in the world, Sister Seo Jueun. She saved my mission first transfer and now she's my STL!! She's also one of the funniest people on the planet. A brief quote: "He went to gundae (army) and now he looks like burned potato." We had a lesson where the investigator just completely opened up and told us why she felt like she couldn't get baptized and it was so amazing. She started crying. She also told me my Korean was perfect so I also started crying. But before we had spiritual time we had English time, where we taught her English. It's a lot of weird grammar words so I had no idea what was going on. But Sister Seo would talk rapid fire Korean with her. Occasionally there would be some English thrown in. 
"Mm hmm. Fire station."
"네. Evergreen."
"Ah. Piano store."
"Freelancer."
I kid you not, those are the actual random English words she said. I wrote them down. I love Korea.
She taught me a TON during exchange. One of my favorite things she said was how if your faith is at a level five, your actions should be at level ten, and then your faith can grow to level ten.

Love you all! I promise I'll send normal stuff next week…

xoxo
Sister Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment