Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Cults, Spies, the Apocalypse...and bugs...



This isn't a letter perse, just a list of weird things that happened....

  • during exercise I was trying to say I felt like a whale, but I mixed up the words for whale and ancient and the girl I was with thought I was saying I needed to go to the hospital because my joints were worn out. Classic Sister Bell, causing a panic because she hates exercise.
  • the North Korean couple we met....we visited them and the man thought Sister Ee's nametag was a camera. Then he asked if we were a cult. We didn't drink the tea they gave us and he asked if we were a cult. The man called our card and asked my companion to come over alone when his wife and child weren't around. She was like 'no' and then he called us a cult. A lot of people have been telling us we're a cult recently. In Korea the qualification for a cult is anyone who isn't Buddhist, Presbyterian, or Methodist. And anyone who doesn't drink tea or go over to strange mens' houses, apparently. 
  • Met a Bible Basher. He was a very confused person. I had no idea what was going on -- he kept talking about calculating the date for Christ's second coming. Interesting thing -- he never once talked about Christ or God or how good they are. Just that we needed to start preparing for the Apocalypse. Then he called us a cult. 
  • We traveled to this area meeting with our branch. It took an hour and a half to get there. We listened to someone talk for forty minutes. Then we ate for four hours. Then drove home. It was amazing! And the speakers were really, really good. The house was gorgeous too. It was like wonderland. 
  • I ate bugs. Finally. I can finally call myself a real Korean missionary. They were actually super delicious....sorry, mom. I got weird in Korea. 
  • I'm also transferring. Super big shock and really sad! I've only spent 2 transfers in Donghae and I loved the quiet ocean. And of course, I loved the people. The branch here is amazing -- I almost cried in church. I will really miss them. And I will miss my companion! She was my fourth in four transfers but she was so unique and an incredible missionary. My next companionship is a threesome apparently. So that's seven companions in 5 transfers, counting the MTC (and of course I do because my MTC companion is manna to my soul). Speaking of....she's in my zone next transfer!!!!!!! So we get to do exchanges. Hehe. I'm headed for Sangyay. 
Here's to new opportunities!
xoxo
Bell 자매

With the wonderful members of the Donghae branch
One last day at the beach...

beach with Sister Ee


Lovely Donghae



Chocolate bread!






No comments:

Post a Comment