Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I feel God's love everytime I talk to someone...

Hey everybody!!!

It's been a really cool week. We've seen a LOT of miracles! It's been hard as always but I've learned so much. I had this dream last night that there was this amusement park with all these climbing walls. As I climbed one it seemed really hard and really high. Then I got to the top and there was another, much bigger climbing wall, and the ground didn't seem so far away anymore. In a weird way -- even though the next obstacle seems so intimidating -- that's super comforting because I feel like I'm on top of the world for a little stretch. All the hard work has paid off.

Tuesday was our temple day! I can't even express how much I love the temple. It was so nice to go with Sister Olson for temple day too. We both really love it and the Spirit was so strong. I also got to see a couple sisters from my MTC district which was fun! We went out to Ashleys again after and I ate about ten thousand crepes. They also have a chocolate fountain. Heaven, I tell you. Speaking of which, we also went to Costco. Koreans really love Costco. This one is three stories tall and has a lot of escalators, and is jam packed with all these women wearing bright exercise clothes. 

3-story Seoul Costco
On Wednesday, besides teaching English class, we met with our elders to figure out a music program. Since the Relief Society prepares a huge ward meal every week the bishop asked us to do a concert or something, and the brothers would make a meal. The elders were struggling a little bit. Sister Olson made some suggestions and the whole program changed. It got a LOT better! The previous one involved a midget opera but we cut that bit out :) I think it was probably an improvement.

Thursday we 전도'd for like five hours. 중랑 doesn't really have any good proselyting spots, so we walked around a lot. It was so awesome! I've never proselyted for that long before. We met a lot of cool people. I figured out this great trick. If I felt discouraged or my self confidence was lagging a little bit, all I had to do was talk to someone and I immediately felt better. I can testify that this is God's work because I felt His love every time I reached out. It's really amazing. I know that when I don't want to talk to someone, that doesn't come from God. If I walk past someone without talking to them I feel terrible! I HAVE to talk to everyone!

Fun Fact: McDonald's in Korea is definitely a step up. We can get it delivered for free and it actually tastes good. And the people that work there are all really pretty. It's a classy place. I love Korea.

Saturday we taught English, which was fun. We met this woman and her son there who turned out to be a possible golden investigator. Story time: when Sister Olson and I were 전도'ing, she told me that whenever you have a really terrible day/week, what comes next totally blows your mind. We had worked really hard all week, with little visible success. But we stayed faithful. I know because of that God recognized our commitment and sent us someone to teach.

Elders handing out roses at the ward music program
This lady stayed for the music program we had organized. It was SO fun! The elders and brethren stood at the entrance and made a tunnel, and as the sisters came in they gave them beautiful roses. All the tables were beautifully done up, and the food was really good. The program started off with the elders doing some Korean comedy. Then Sister Olson, our district leaders, and I did a Journey song. We found this random guitar in our apartment and gave it to Elder Anderson, and Elder Garff used the rice tubs as drums. Next the other elders did this bit from a Korean Saturday Night Live thing. It was SO FUNNY!!! Wish I could send the video. Lastly, we all sang Abide With Me acapella. It was so cool to feel the Spirit. 

Sunday was awesome too. We talked to a lot of people and went over to a member's house. I finally got to try Korean watermelon. It's amazing. Korea is the best.
I love this work even when it's hard. I know this gospel is true! Thanks all for your sweet support. Have a great week.

Sister Bell

Crepes at Ashley's (including Sisters Coates, Jones, Collinwood, Lin, Olson)





With Sister Olson at the temple


No comments:

Post a Comment